[time-nuts] WWVB Dephaser Question

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:27:52 UTC 2020

That doesn't appear to give you 1/4 the base sampling rate as you suggest
with "... to sample at 4 times the desired rate..."
I do something similar on a 1kHz tone, generating I/Q at 1kHz sampling rate
on a bandwidth up to 500Hz, ie 750 - 1250Hz
Samples at 4kHz are S1, S2, S3, S4
Then  I = S1 + S2 - S3 - S4
         Q = S1 - S2 - S3 + S4   at 1kHz sampling, centred on 1kHz tone

See http://g4jnt.com/Coherent_LF_Receiver.pdf where the technique is used
in a coherent LF receiver.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com