[time-nuts] 5065A Rb Cavity Rx - SRD repair

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 20:26:16 UTC 2020

Disassembled the surplus Rx cell by first disconnecting
the short jumper cable and then unscrewed the brass
part. Inside was a tiny diode, color coded "391"
as have been previously discussed in a thread some years ago.

I recon that if a diode would some time in the future breakan external multiplier featuring modern semiconductorsshould not be that hard to design and connect directlyto the loop in the other end of the jumper cable.

Actually, I was expecting something in a tiny ceramic
package with a UNF thread in one end and a gold plated
cap in the other. Not anything that looked like a 1N4148...
I could see that the bottom coax part of the SRD assembly
had been filled with curing silicone after the diode had been put in place.
Removing/replacing it would require using a drilland fixture but it should be doable without
cracking the glass...

Ulf Kylenfall
SM6GXV