[time-nuts] Mentorship needed in learning about Allan Deviation and variation.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Oct 26 22:30:13 UTC 2020

Hi

To be really clear:

ADEV can be used to measure anything and done any way you wish.

To have an ADEV that is a valid measure of a device, you need to do a
comparison to another *totally independent* device. That independent
device needs to have a better ADEV over the range of Tau that you are
after over that range of Tau.

Anything that tries to get ADEV out of a single device or cross connected
setup will run into problems.

Bob