[time-nuts] Frequency Counter Choice

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Fri Oct 30 00:37:12 UTC 2020

Hi,

I second this. You can read the calibration data out of the counter and
save. I've done some experiments with that, but nothing conclusive, but
I blame my lack of patience and not a proper setup.

Do replace the battery, it is cheap and relatively easy to do.

Would you loose this calibration, through a little GPIB commands one can
write a fake value in. This will however not produce the best resu. The
calibration routine actually runs an off beat frequency and then test
different values, and look for least RMS value, because it is the
calibration point. I've not had time to replicate all that, but I did
manage to write the fake value in and at one time get rid of the CAL
LOST warning.

Cheers,
Magnus