[time-nuts] OCXO housings - Why copper and not iron/steel?

Tobias Pluess tpluess at ieee.org
Sat Oct 31 11:47:32 UTC 2020

Also an interesting material when high thermal conductivity is considered
is boron nitride. It is around  five times better than copper, comparable
to diamond and can be sintered to a ceramic material.
Of course the Wiedemann-Franz-Lorenz law doesn't apply here as it is a very
good electrical insulator.
A boron nitride OCXO would indeed be interesting! :-)

I use certain kinds of boron nitride at work to increase the the thermal
conductivity of some plastic materials.

Tobias