[time-nuts] WWVB teensy BPSK early experiments

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:46:08 UTC 2020

Good suggestions. The Teensy runs at some 580 MHz. I thought on the crystal
I had seen something like 166. These things are seriously small. But the
schematic shows its 24 MHz.
Inside the teensy is a PLL that creates the high speed system clock. So
thats potentially a good answer. Use something like either a 20 or 25 Mhz
vcTCXO as John did in the KD2BD receiver. It will be seriously tough
getting the micro 4 pin crystal out without damaging the board.
Secondary effect will occur by changing the xtal. Such as audio sample
rates. Not sure there are real world effects to really consider.
Time to pull the microscope and see.
Regards
Paul