[time-nuts] Quartzlock E10-MRX

Matthias Welwarsky time-nuts at welwarsky.de
Tue Sep 1 07:01:50 UTC 2020

On Dienstag, 1. September 2020 07:15:34 CEST Richard Katsch wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have acquired a Quartzlock E10-MRX Rb 10 MHz standard. It appears to lock
> and produce a nice sine wave that stays in phase with my Trimble Tbolt for
> a time which exceeds my attention span!!!
> It does however get hot in operation. As this is my first experience with a
> Rb standard I don’t know whether this is normal or indicates that I need a
> heat sink.
> Any comments would be appreciated.

They're supposed to run hot, but excess temperature will degrade the stability
and shorten the lifetime of the electronics. It's hard to recommend what
heatsink they require if you have no documentation. Typically you'll need one.
My LPRO-101 need a heatsink with < 2K/W of thermal resistance to keep the
temperature in check.

BR,
Matthias