[time-nuts] Lifetime testing

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Sep 1 20:09:25 UTC 2020

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> I believe that they simply don’t have a body of long term data “in house” to
> study.

Interesting topic.

How many units do you have to test to get useful data?  How often do you have
to measure the output frequency?

Are electrolytics the typical weak link?  Do their vendors have good data?
What's next on the list?

I assume the first step is to run them 24/7 at max rated temperature.  What's
the next step and how much more do you learn?

How much life testing to vendors of other gear do?  PCs?  Disks?  Memory?
Instruments? (counters...)

Is there a good web page or video on long-term-testing of electronic gear?
I'm looking for the hour or three hour level rather than a PhD  program.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.