[time-nuts] OCXO retrace, how long is reasonable?

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Fri Sep 4 17:29:33 UTC 2020

Matthias,

How about a 'quick and dirty, hand wavey' graph?

This is a known 'kinda good' OCXO, that was off for about a year. The
DAC values are just that, DAC counts.  The black line should represent
about 8e-12 per day drift. (Sorry, I don't have better numbers than that
easily on hand). I think it's about 4uHz per count, or so.

Note 1: The first 13700 seconds of data were thrown away. That drift was
astronomic. (Basically vertical on this scale!)

Note 2: Also, note that this only one retrace, of one trimble OCXO.

Note 3: Notice the dates on the bottom of the graph. This is around 6
months of worth of drift. Small tics are 7 days apart, major tics 3 weeks...

Hopefully this helps!

Dan