[time-nuts] Time Interval Counter(?) for high-precision watch measurement

John Magliacane kd2bd at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 14:57:32 UTC 2020

 The 32768 Hz crystal oscillator can be received, amplified, and filtered outside the watch as described here:

 http://charliethompson.50megs.com/quartz.html

I actually tried this once, and it worked quite well on every watch and clock I could get my hands on at the time.

The first three transistors form an amplifier with around 100 dB of gain. The crystal filter is required to remove the broadband noise generated by the amplifier.

I didn't include the final two transistor "squaring" output stage because I was interested in having a sinusoidal output to view on a scope.

73.000 de John, KD2BD