[time-nuts] Chelsea Chronoquartz dividers

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Sep 11 17:57:06 UTC 2020

Bill,

4194304 Hz = 2^22 Hz so 22 flip-flops gets you down to 1 Hz. The binary
divider is s similar to how the Seiko Beta 21 was designed. See [1] for
an example of a clock that uses this frequency.

What's nice about the Omega Ships Chronometer shown there is that it has
a LEMO 1PPS output so one can make precise measurements of the clock
without opening it and without resorting to audio, optical, vibration,
or magnetic methods. I have one here if you have any questions about
construction, repair, or performance (measured against GPS).

/tvb

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Marine_Chronometer#4.19_MHz_Ships_Marine_Chronometer