[time-nuts] Chelsea Chronoquartz dividers

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Sep 11 22:04:42 UTC 2020

Hi

If it was a custom chip, then the motor driver “stuff” would be integrated into the
IC. That was indeed the case back in the 1970’s when I was designing this sort
of thing. Those chips were pretty hard to dig up, even back then. Unless you wanted
to buy >10K pcs a month, they really didn’t want to talk to you …. In our case that
was true even though a sister division made the chips !!!

=======

Four pole stepper pulse sequences are pretty well defined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyAcAHLET8&app=desktop <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyAcAHLET8&app=desktop>

(just the first hit on a search, there are *lots* of other references ….)

Indeed there is some variation depending on just how the coils are wound. The
basic pulse sequence is still the same.

Bob