[time-nuts] Chelsea Chronoquartz dividers

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Sep 11 22:41:08 UTC 2020

Paul,

I'll open the Omega Quartz Chronometer and trace the circuit if you're
curious. Many of these 70's stepper / analog clocks used Patek Philippe
movements, the classic one you see in vintage Austron, Tracor, Sulzer,
and, of course, hp time / frequency standards with the /001 clock option
(e.g., 5061A, 5065A).

Yes, the drive circuit for the hp 5065A analog clock has a final
flip-flop on the A16 board:

http://leapsecond.com/museum/patek/hp5065A-A16-Patek.jpg

The 5065A manual says: "1 PPS drive pulses connect from A5 Digital
Divider through J1 to IC1 of the clock movement amplifier.
  IC1 provides flip-flop action and furnishes a push-pull output to
clock amplifiers Q11 and Q12. The push-pull output of power amplifiers
Q11 and [Q?] A12 connects to the front panel clock and is limited to 10
V peak by zener diodes CR13 and CR14."

More eye candy:

http://leapsecond.com/museum/patek/

/tvb