[time-nuts] Some FTS1000 questions

Tobias Pluess tpluess at ieee.org
Sat Sep 12 19:40:32 UTC 2020

Another FTS1000 question:

what voltage do you guys measure at the "oven monitor" output?
the datasheet says this pin outputs 10mV/K for the oven temperature.
But my unit seems to behave a bit differently: Just after power-up, the
oven monitor voltage is around 4.7 volts, and as the oven heats up, the
monitor voltage drops to about 3.6 volts.
To me this doesn't look like "10mV/K", as the voltage gets lower the hotter
the oven is.

While this is not really relevant for the use of the FTS1000, I still would
like to know what is going on here. Anyone knows something about this?

BR
Tobias