[time-nuts] What do people use for meassuring temperature?

John Ponsonby jebponsonby at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:37:57 UTC 2020

Bruce Griffith points to the note put out by Littelfuse. It is very meagre. It says that '...thermistors can be produced with  typical drift of only 0.001˚C to 0.002˚C per Year." It doesn't say that they are produced and still less that Littelfuse produces them. Bruce also refers to thermistors being  'Suitably conditioned at 25˚C' What is this conditioning process and what if the intended working temperature is not 25˚C?. Surely more must be known about this matter.
Jeremy Nichols' questions are very apposite.
I see that the Steinhart Hart Equation seems to be entirely empirical without any underlying semiconductor theoretical foundation.
John Ponsonby

Do we know what this ?Long Term Aging Process? is or is it proprietary?