[time-nuts] What do people use for meassuring temperature?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Sep 27 13:51:01 UTC 2020

Hi

There are indeed published works on the physics behind thermistors. The
ones I’ve read (many decades ago …) didn’t say a lot about aging mechanisms
beyond the usual stuff you could guess at. Things like humidity can contaminate
the material, glass sealing is a good idea ( not a big surprise … ).

The bottom line is still that they get used at fairly high temperatures and do
indeed hold quite good drift specs. Conditioning of the parts prior to use is
non-existant in an OCXO application. Mitsubishi makes some pretty good
parts as do others …..

Bob