[time-nuts] Fwd: Re: Help needed with frequency standard

Luiz Alberto Saba las at intercat.com.br
Wed Sep 30 12:16:01 UTC 2020

-------- Mensagem encaminhada --------
Assunto: 	Re: [time-nuts] Help needed with frequency standard
Data: 	Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:10:07 -0300
De: 	Luiz Alberto Saba <las at intercat.com.br>
Para: 	Dana Whitlow <k8yumdoober at gmail.com>

Dana & Mark:

I have a PM-6685R counter and a CNT-90.
I "calibrated" the rubidium of thr 6685 the following way:
Use the output of 6685 to feed the timebase of CNT-90 and measure, using
statistical mode, 1 measure/s, for 7200 sec the output of my thunderbolt
in a "calm" period of the day. Then I adjust the rubidium utnil CNT-90
reads 10.000.000.000.000 after 2 hours. Time consuming and a patience
test, but I could not think in other way to calibrate my 6685 and CNT-90.
Well... Using the same CNT-90 with the same rubidium timebase from 6685
to read the output of my PRS-10 connected to a 1 pps source, during the
same 2 hours, the p-p variance of the reading was about 3 mHz. It's low?
yes, but i was expecting much less. Something in the uHz range.
I did something wrong or that's it?