[time-nuts] Re: Best frequency to start for GHz synth ?

Wes wes at triconet.org
Thu Apr 1 18:37:07 UTC 2021

A bit more contemporaneous... it's too long a story to relate here, but I
discovered that the internal speaker, as well as my voice, tapping on the case,
etc would FM the VCO in the synthesizer in my Elecraft K3 transceiver.  This was
a birth defect that affected every one of them. They used my radio (never
figured out why they didn't use one of their own) to come up with a fix that
entailed bonding a 1/8" thick aluminum stiffener to the circuit card.  This
found it's way into production and a retrofit kit was offered for others.

Wes  N7WS