[time-nuts] Re: PN measurement thesis published

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Apr 5 20:41:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 19:04:01 +0200
Hendrik <don_hendi at gmx.de> wrote:

> I just realized a friend published her thesis on phase-noise measurement
> on her blog (in german):
>
> http://www.stefanie-engelhard.de/sites/default/files/2019-03/Diplomarbeit_Stefanie_Engelhard_0.pdf

I recently stumbled over this thesis and liked it a lot.
It is a well written treatise of phase noise measurement and the
practical aspects of it. It's a shame it's in German, It would
be a good document to point people to, who want to learn the
basics of phase noise measurement electronics. So, if you
know German, read it, it's worth it.

			Attila Kinali

PS: I could go into a long rant about Germans still insiting
to write their Diploma/Master theses, even their PhD theses
in German, when even the French have switched to English
a decade ago. But this is not the place.

--
The driving force behind research is the question: "Why?"
There are things we don't understand and things we always