[time-nuts] Re: 20210423: Introduction and Request for Spirent GSS4200 User Manual / Help

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Apr 24 19:24:30 UTC 2021

Hi

The lowest cost “commercial” simulator that I know of is the Jackson
Labs Claw:

http://www.jackson-labs.com/index.php/products/claw_gps_simulator <http://www.jackson-labs.com/index.php/products/claw_gps_simulator>

Taking a look at the manual:

http://www.jackson-labs.com/assets/uploads/main/CLAW-Simulator.pdf <http://www.jackson-labs.com/assets/uploads/main/CLAW-Simulator.pdf>

It appears to be a fully documented interface. ( unlike the device that started
this thread off). The support software is freeware so there is no lockdown
there either.

Time transfer is claimed to be in the 3 to 5 ns range. My guess is that you
can trust that number :) :). As far as I can see, it will do pretty much everything
you would want to do to check out a GPS device or to drive one off of some
other source ( like your basement ensemble of Cs fountains …. )

It looks like a nice little box.

Bob