[time-nuts] Re: Looking for Manual or Info for a ESE ES-180 Master clock

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Mon Apr 26 21:55:28 UTC 2021

ESE has manufactured Clocks for almost 50 years (starting in Broadcast Industry).
The earlier products were hardware based, with their later products using embedded processors/firmware code.

IF you send ESE an e-mail with the Product Number (ES-180 in your case)
and the Serial Number, THEN they normally supply a PDF manual with Parts List and Schematic.  Firmware listings for embedded processors (later products) not provided.

ESE
142 Sierra Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: 310-322-2136
FAX: 310-322-8127
web page: https://www.ese-web.com/
General e-mail: ese at ese-web.com

Customer Service:
Samantha Way, sway at ese-web.com

Sales & Technical/Sales Support:
Bill R., billr at ese-web.com
Monica Trotter, mtrotter at ese-web.com
Fernando Vallin, fvallin at ese-web.com
—
The ESE ES-180 WWV Master Clock was discussed on “time-nuts” in 2014.
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2014-May/085002.html

The ES-180 product decodes time code data from WWV HF broadcasts (5 bands):
2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20 MHz.

Master Clocks using WWV have largely disappeared (commercially) with the wide availability of GPS receivers and the addition Phase modulated Time Code in 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWVB#Phase_modulated_time_code
—
Over the decades, ESE has refreshed products with Technology advancement (OCXO, GPS, Internet/NTP, and service or parts obsolescence).

Current ESE Product Listing:
https://www.ese-web.com/listing.htm

Current ESE “Master Clock” Product Line
https://www.ese-web.com/masters.htm
—
I deal with ESE professionally (“El Segundo Enterprises") and
IF the documents are for discontinued products, they try to be helpful.
—
I have previously posted ESE support information on time-nuts,
for the restoration/repair of ESE Master and E911 Clocks.
Good Luck.

Greg, w9gb
==