[time-nuts] Isotemp OCXO question

Robert DiRosario ka3zyx at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 22:55:31 UTC 2021

I got a  Trak Systems "Time Code Translator" from ebay.  It's a 1U box
with large LEDs for DOY and H/M/S that translates IRIG-A to NASA-36 time
code.  I plan on using the case for my WWVB clock.

Unexpectedly it has an Isotemp OCXO in it, model OCXO59-11-2, frequency
marked as 1.000 MHz  The Isotemp website is more or less dead, it has no
information on it.  Does anyone have any information on this model, like
how accurate it is?  It has only three wires, which I assume are power,
ground and output, with no EFC input.

One thing that I'm sill note sure about is what to do when the receiver
is not receiving WWVB.  I was thinking of using something like the
DS3231 RTC module.  If this OCXO is better, I may use it.

Thanks

Robert