[time-nuts] Re: uncertainty/SNR of IQ measurements

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 00:04:48 UTC 2021

I think Dana's explanation is a much clearer way to think of what is going
on in an I-Q receiver.

Until you are really far down the signal chain, at the demodulator, where
you might process the I and Q signals differently,
there is no 'splitting' or division of the signal into I and Q.
The signal in the I and Q channels is the same, just shifted in time /
phase in one of the channels, relative to the other.

--- Graham

==