[time-nuts] Re: Comparison/evaluation of u-blox timing receivers

Julien Goodwin time-nuts at studio442.com.au
Sat Aug 28 11:02:59 UTC 2021

On 24/8/21 11:51 am, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> In 2020 I did an extensive evaluation of the timing ability of the
> u-blox LEA-M8F, NEO-M8N, NEO-M8T, NEO-M9N, ZED-F9P, and ZED-F9T.  The
> work was made possible by support from the HamSci consortium
> (https://hamsci.org) under NSF grants supporting HamSci activities.
>
> I was sure I'd posted about the paper on time-nuts, but I can't find any
> record that I did, so this is a belated announcement.  It's available
> for download from
>
> https://hamsci.org/sites/default/files/publications/2020_TAPR_DCC/N8UR_GPS_Evaluation_August2020.pdf
>

> As BobC says, "Lots of fun!"

Neat.

For a project I might eventually get back to I was looking at using the
M8F controlling an external oscillator. I built a test board[1], but I
stopped once I had the GPS working, I can't recall if I even enabled the
control of the external oscillator, but I certainly didn't make any
attempt to characterize it.

Once I get my frequency datalogging issue solved for my other project I
might try and see what I get.

1: https://laptop006.livejournal.com/60072.html the DAC, oscillator and
supporting components are all in the bottom-left.