[time-nuts] Re: Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

Bill Notfaded notfaded1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 20:20:23 UTC 2021

White rabbit seems pretty good for time synced over fiber.  PTP with
enhanced stability profile.  It's a IEEE standard.  It seems to work for
CERN.  Lately I've been looking at Cisco devices that can support it.  It
whould be nice if I could find hardware that'll support it more easily...
Maybe it'll come soon?

If you need optics I highly recommend AMC optics they'll code (Cisco,
Intel, NetApp) SFP+ and QSFP for any vendor you want.  Prices are great and
it's all made the USA no relation to me.  I've been getting into 100G
Ethernet over OM4 fiber.  The new profile for PTP over fiber is legit.

Bill