[time-nuts] Leviton VTP24 Is this Time Accurate enough? - Line Frequency and TXOs

Thomas D. Erb tde at electrictime.com
Sun Aug 29 15:06:41 UTC 2021

In Southern California Edison's region I know that 60Hz used as a time reference has been unstable in possibly the last 10+ years.  I have found that depending on whether in the summer clocks which use this reference tend to run slower, and in the winter they run faster.

Have you noticed that in some way it between running fast or slow the gain/loss combination averages out over the course of the year?

I just check our test board on once a year - haven't been paying attention to local variations.

Have to get my old analog master power station Warren Type "B" working - to get a better idea.

Don Resor
Thomas D. Erb
p:        508-359-4396
f:        508-359-4482
a:        97 West Street, Medfield, MA 02052 USA
e:         tde at electrictime.com
w:        www.electrictime.com
Tower & Street Clocks Since 1928