[time-nuts] Re: Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:07:26 UTC 2021

FWIW we've played with various SMA-to-SFP converter boards in the lab for
10MHz or 100MHz distribution.

A bare-bones SFP board is e.g.
https://github.com/aewallin/SFP-Breakout-Board
That interfaces directly to the differential AC-coupled TX and RX pins of
an SFP.

If you want some buffering (and limited bandwidth at the same time) you can
put an op-amp as a buffer and a transformer to convert to/from the
differential TX/RX.
Here's a design I've used https://github.com/aewallin/SFP2SMA_2018.03
We also made a box around that board:
http://www.anderswallin.net/2020/12/sfp-board-in-a-box/

If your requirements are somewhere in 1e-14 or worse then this type of
passive frequency distribution should work fine for maybe a few km fiber
runs.

Anders