[time-nuts] Re: Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 30 12:51:25 UTC 2021

Hi

This sort of trouble with BNC’s has been going on a lot longer
than they have been coming in from China. A lot of folks use
them *way* past the point they should. They do indeed wear
out. They also come loose on the cable.

We went a bit nuts “killing off” all the BNC cables in the area
back in …errr … 1976. The result was a significant bump in the
supples budget that month and the elimination of a whole bunch
of problems on a number of tests. Back in that era Motorola
could afford to buy / fab a few cables.

Did the saved labor hours justify the expense? We claimed it
did……It most certainly made life easier.

Bob