[time-nuts] Re: BNC connectors for the distribution of frequency or time...

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:44:44 UTC 2021

Another point should be mentioned:

Many inexpensive RF products use floating BNC connectors (those with shells
that are insulated
from the bulkhead in which they are mounted).  These are virtually
guaranteed to be common-mode
leaks, and should be avoided like the plague.  Nobody will admit to this in
the specifications, but
where photos are shown in the ads, one can often tell by inspection.

Remember, folks, that electricity does not go through wires- it travels in
dielectric space.  Only the
*current* actually goes through wires.  Current alone does not carry
energy- it is only a "side effect"
manifestation of the magnetic field component of the EM fields in the
vicinity.

Dana