[time-nuts] Re: Project Great

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Dec 2 11:00:19 UTC 2021

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that plot. I think it sumarizes fairly well what typical
devices of today achieves.

There is rubidiums and quarts that go into the 1E-14s, but most do not.
The old plot uses a "span" for the different technologies and that helps
to avoid the "but this device/product" types of issues.

The optical clocks is not really on there, but the modern cold Rb etc.
should be there.

One clearly sees the benefit of CSOs and there should not be to
surprising to see that they are used in other clocks to improve
performance in that range.

I clearly miss out on having CSOs in my arsenal, otherwise that plot
illustrates much of my experience of measuring these devices in my lab.

Cheers,
Magnus