[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Jared Cabot jaredcabot at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:15:16 UTC 2021

So it looks like I lost the -20V rail. Seems that A15Q10 (2N4234), A10CR9A (9V Zener), and A15CR9B (11V Zener) are all dead for some reason.
Q10 is easy enought o find, but the zeners are a little more tricky, they are specified as part number 1902-0247, a 20V, 1%, 0.4W +0.005%TC zener (20V made up of the 9v + 11V).
I can find a 5% 9V (1N936A), but the 11V is harder to find.

Maybe I should look into redesigning this board entirely, the transformer on mine is rather noisy anyway.....

Schematics attached for reference.

Jared