[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Henk Peek henkp at nikhef.nl
Thu Dec 2 18:20:41 UTC 2021

Jared,

 I think  an -20 V rail short to ground has first blowup A15Q10.
Then the -20V converter was light loaded and the output DC voltage goes up and blows also the zeners.
The most easy way to protect and repair: replace A15Q10 with a LM337 with 2 resistors to adjust the output to -20V.
Remove the blown zeners and diode and mount the 2 resistors on the removed zener positions.

Regards, Henk