[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Fri Dec 3 02:56:09 UTC 2021

Try as I might, I cannot hear a single thing from my 5065A, which has
run 24/7 for five years without issue.

Jared earlier said he has inverter noise from his 5065A and now Magnus
reports it also. How common is this?

I will be interested in a replacement A15 regulator board as Ulf
Kylenfall SM6GXV described. Let's allow Ulf to build and test the PWBs
he receives and then some kind of group buy could be arranged.

I have an operation manual from ArtekMedia for the 5065A but it shows
the older OCXO and has no service details or schematic. Is a more
complete manual available anywhere?

Larry

On 12/2/2021 2:49 PM, Magnus Danielson via time-nuts wrote:
> Hi Jared,
>
> One of my 5065's have exactly this fault.
>
> One approach is to rebuild with a new power inverter. Another is to
> rebuild the amplifier board so it does not need -20 V and can operate
> only on +20 V.
>
> There should be DC-DC inverters, but I failed to grab a suitable
> pre-built board for it.
>
> I would enjoy not having to hear the 3.5 kHz switching frequency in my lab.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB