[time-nuts] Re: Clock display on Linux systems?

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Wed Dec 8 21:40:43 UTC 2021

On 12/6/21 11:34 AM, John Miller via time-nuts wrote:
> This is something I have explored from time to time in order to find
> a good local display option for Pis running as GIS-disciplined NTP
> servers. I've done a lot of exploring and fiddling around with different
> options but have yet to find a solution that I am fond of, for the
> reasons that you describe.

When last I was looking at this, it turns out there's a bunch of
non-traditional display shapes available for things like "Shelf edge
displays" and such.  That is the google-able phrase to turn up stuff.

https://www.sunul.com/pdf/lcdr/sr21.5-200.pdf is an example - 2" high
1920x200 pixels with HDMI (and other) interfaces.

They aren't super cheap, in general. (expect >$100)