[time-nuts] Re: Clock display on Linux systems?

Kevin Rowett kevin at rowett.org
Wed Dec 8 22:43:47 UTC 2021

Jim,

The wear leveling algorithms have gotten very good at garbage collection, wear leveling, and bit error recovery codes.  (LDPC has gotten a lot of practical research for flash).
(the challenges are - when to do the garage collection, so as not to impact read and write rates, yet not run so low that write IOP rate falls off a cliff, AND still keep pages alive).

File systems that try to understand the flash sectors generally haven’t proven as helpful as the flash device controller wear leveling algorithms.

A lot of the SD cards have gone to TLC style memory (also know as trash).

KR