[time-nuts] Re: NIST NTP servers way off for anyone else?

Avamander avamander at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 10:14:35 UTC 2021

> The hardware are done by the network PHY and need 1588 support in the
driver, which is not common.

PTP HW timestamping is thankfully a bit more common than NTP one. From
which you can deduce that it's unlikely you'll get HW timestamping in NTP
context.

However, new Chrony has support for encapsulating NTP in PTP to utilize the
HW timestamping support for PTP. Thought I'd mention.