[time-nuts] Re: help reviving Trimble UCCM-LPS GPSDO

Wilko Bulte wkb at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 24 12:39:58 UTC 2021

hi Francois,

That EEVblog thread discusses (mainly) the UCCM produced by Symmetricom.  If I remember correctly the Symm uses a 12V powered OCXO, likely with another Vref output.  I sold my Symm, the two Samsung UCCM I have found to be "just working always".

In the meantime I have measured the EFC voltage of the Trimble over a long period (interval 2 sec). Vref is 2.5V, taken from a LM336.

In more detail

At about 2.5V EFC voltage I measure 10MHz output, plus/minus a couple of mHz. So using a Vref of 2.5V I do get an EFC voltage in the right range.

Unfortunately the Trimble never goes GPS locked. LH reports FFOM: Init and Operation mode: Settling. Reported TFOM is 2.  No idea why it does not lock, the GPS sees ample sats and is in position lock mode.

Ideas welcome!

Wilko