[time-nuts] Re: E1938A phase noise improvement

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Dec 26 16:36:06 UTC 2021

The E1938A has both an ALC loop (common in many oscillators) plus an AFC
loop, which is exclusive to the patented bridge stabilized circuit.  I
am thinking that maybe the AFC circuit was causing the hump.  That
theory could be verified by disabling the AFC and seeing if the hump
goes away.  The AFC is not necessary just to make the oscillator play
for noise testing.

Rick N6RK