[time-nuts] Re: Where do people get the time?

Adam Space time.isanapp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:10:45 UTC 2021

As a younger person I appreciate this write-up. It is interesting to see
the progression. Nowadays, phones are synchronized to within a second
easily, and probably within 10ms at least once per day (this is what I
suspect from occasionally checking the offset on my phone). With computers
too, I would bet that most come out of the box with some sort of NTP setup
that at the very least keeps them within a few seconds, depending on how
often the default polling interval is. The idea of having to go to great
lengths to get access to an accurate time signal seems foreign today, but
it's interesting hearing about that being the case in the past.