[time-nuts] Repair of HP/Agiletn/Symmetricom 5071A Lab Standards

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Feb 3 20:18:51 UTC 2021

See pages 2-15 / 2-16 in the operation & programming manual
(05071-90041). You want to set the diagnostic log level to "service",
configure the RS232 port, and run a terminal program on a PC to view or
capture the results. Power cycle and watch it until the end. Repeat if
necessary.

You will get a step-by-step account of the warmup and locking process.
This diagnostic information is very informative. It will help decide if
you have a temporary, minor, and interesting problem or if you need a
new CBT (Cesium Beam Tube), which is to say, you will either have a fun
problem to share or a very bad day.

Feel free to post the log files. A number of us have 5071A and can help
explain your results.

/tvb