[time-nuts] Raspberry Pi 4 oscillator replacement

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 4 16:53:38 UTC 2021

Hi

> On Feb 4, 2021, at 11:37 AM, Avamander <avamander at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2) Grab any of the various conversion chips to take the 10 MHz to 54
> (= I don’t know of a standard that puts out 54 MHz). Wire the 10 into it
> and pull the 54 off of it. (Yes, the chip needs to be programmed and
> there will be various bits and pieces connected to it)
>
> Do you have any recommendations as to which chip would let me achieve this?

Only because you can get it as a pre-assembled dev board:

https://www.silabs.com/timing/clock-generators/cmos/device.si5350c-gm1

at a semi-rational price.

Most modern chips are a bit difficult to deal with. That makes finding a
dev board important. If you are set up to layout and assemble SMT PCB’s
then there are a lot of choices ( as in several hundred devices).

Bob