[time-nuts] Symmetricom uccm module

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:43:52 UTC 2021

Some years ago these modules were mentioned on Time-nuts. They were typical
Ebay stuff. I purchased one and really didn't do anything with it. Time
goes by. Was organizing stuff and had forgotten I even had it. Fired it up
and have to say its a pretty impressive little unit.
Like the fact that when warm it consumes 4 watts. LadyHeather works great
with it. All of this has been known and well documented. Just very nice to
see and most likely use as a small free standing GPSDO with a
reasonably fast warm up time. I also added a small battery for backup. The
advantage of this is it eliminates the automatic survey on power up that
takes some 3 hours.
Anyhow a very belated thanks for mentioning these units.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL