[time-nuts] Used Hydrogen Maser

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sat Feb 6 20:23:38 UTC 2021

 > ptti/1981papers/Vol%2013_30.pdf

Note the dialog on the last page. Dave Wineland went on to win the 2012
Nobel prize in Physics:

https://www.nist.gov/nist-and-nobel/dave-wineland/person-behind-nobel-prize-dave-wineland

The first photo is fun, "Before he was a quantum mechanic...". Then
there's this recent press release:

https://around.uoregon.edu/wineland

The lovely photo of NBS-6 (NIST cesium clock) comes from:

https://www.nist.gov/image/img044jpg

And for a nice trip through the past, including NBS-1 and NIST-7 see:

https://www.nist.gov/si-redefinition/second/second-past

/tvb