[time-nuts] Anybody plotted the ADEV of a V8 idle speed?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Feb 7 02:47:52 UTC 2021

wes at triconet.org said:
> Although Mr. Wineland's IQ must be at least 50 points higher than mine, we do
>  have something in common. I too owned a '36 Ford in my youth, about the same
>  time as he did, although mine was a Cabriolet not a coupe, and I fitted it
> with  an OHV Studebaker V8, a smaller displacement clone of a Cadillac V8.

Speaking of V8s...

Just a simple graph of idle speed vs time for the first few minutes after a
cold start might be a fun high school science project.

Is the idle speed of a modern warm engine locked to the CPU's crystal or is
there a feedback loop setting some pollution or mileage parameter?

In the old days (pre computer), there was some thermal input to the idle
speed.  I assume it was a bimetalic element.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.