[time-nuts] Daft idea with the National Grid

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Mon Feb 8 03:10:47 UTC 2021

Am 08.02.21 um 00:11 schrieb Philip Gladstone:
> As an amateur radio guy, I can't help wondering whether I could use this as
> a *very* low bit rate channel across the country.
I have done navigation _for_ tv and phone sats, and the spread
navigation signals are just 20 dB under the MPEG data stream via
the analog transponder. If you back down another 10 or 20 dB, I'm
sure you could disseminate encryption keys or maybe phone without
anybody taking note. And everybody has a TV dish in the right direction.
Search the right one.
Really, I can't imagine that the agencies don't do that already.

Gerhard, DK4XP