[time-nuts] US Line Frequency - Time Correction

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:15:40 UTC 2021

See http://fnetpublic.utk.edu. The University of Tennessee monitors the
grid from places all over the world (most in USA). I have one of their
monitor stations. It monitors voltage and frequency, gets timing from a GPS
antenna, and sends it all to U of T via the Internet.

You can see my location on their map, in Santa Rosa, California, USA (near
the Pacific coast and north of San Francisco).

Jeremy

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 3:05 PM Thomas D. Erb <tde at electrictime.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could describe how the US power gird sets it's
> line frequency.
>
> I know there is a standard somewhere, a local operator just told me - he
> just synchs with the grid - but obviously that standard is set somewhere.
>

> Thomas D. Erb
> o:        508-359-9684
> p:        508-359-4396 x 1700
> f:        508-359-4482
> a:        97 West Street, Medfield, MA 02052 USA
> e:         tde at electrictime.com
> w:        www.electrictime.com<http://www.electrictime.com>
> Tower & Street Clocks Since 1928

Jeremy Nichols