[time-nuts] AN/URQ-13 FE-15a oscillator question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:18:54 UTC 2021

Hello to the group.
I have had a AN/URQ-13 or FE-15a oven oscillator for years.
Its never worked correctly and in reality some early alpha build. (Funny
that its labeled 15a)
Looking online there is no documentation that I have been able to find over
the years.
However in another discussion on a AN/URQ-23 that does have a manual and
schematics I realized my guesses on power could be totally wrong. Using
voltages like the URQ23 the URQ13 actually behaves fairly well. I was lucky
that I didn't destroy something with my original guess.
That said what I find odd is the internal crystal oven runs at exactly 110
degrees. Its repeatably warms to that level with a range of supply from +/-
12-15V.
Does 110 degrees F make any sense at all?
Thank you
Paul
WB8TSL