[time-nuts] Mains Frequency

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:58:13 UTC 2021

Streetlights now use radio control from a master, using, at least round
here, a GSM type of protocol on a dedicated frequency, so every individual
light can be set, at different brightness levels.   And they do do this -
at least on a street basis.  And they monitor every light.

I take the 50Hz in, pass it though a three stage RC filter then into the
TMR1 input of a PIC 16F628 which has a Schmitt input at thresholds of 30%
and 70% of the rails.  , ie 1.5 / 3.5V  so plenty of hysteresis.

Andy
www.g4jnt.com