[time-nuts] AN/URQ-13 FE-15a oscillator question

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sat Feb 13 03:50:50 UTC 2021

Well, 40 C is fairly close to 110 F. Maybe this is a special model
intended only for indoor, controlled room conditions - or outdoor, cold
climate only. Why? I dunno, but I can guess. Having both heaters set to
the same temperature makes sense, so the open end being the same as
inside would neutralize the differential. So, the question is what's the
temperature supposed to be. Really. Or, what was it used for? Really.

You have two labels there that seem close together, and close to what
you measure. Instead of assuming it's busted, assume it's right for now,
and think about what that could have been practically used for, and why
it may not have been necessary or desirable to use a "standard" kind.
Are there any date codes indicating the era? There's a good chance the
opamp has one.

Ed