[time-nuts] Better than average Rb oscillator

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 13 22:04:54 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 11:22:37 +0100, you wrote:

>So, this raises the question: why is your LPRO so much better?
>I mean, going straight down to 1e-14 is on par with the best
>research Rb standards I am aware of.
>
>			Attila Kinali

   It's not too different from what I got with a temperature
controlled and air pressure compensated LPRO - apart from the ageing
of course! However, without knowing how controlled the environment
was, and some idea of what the secret sauce was, it's hard to conclude
much.

   The Hadamard plot shows the performance that can be obtained by
just adding a GPS to correct for long term ageing.
   These plots are based on 1000s averages, so look a little better
than if the 1s data was used.